AToN Center’s San Diego rehab is unique in a multitude of ways.
Listed below are a number of ways that we set ourselves apart from other drug and alcohol treatment centers:
- We provide cognitive behavioral therapy orientation in all clinical therapies and groups
- We believe both daily group and daily individual therapies are essential components of recovery, and that there needs to be clear structure to a program
- Recovery study groups topics are presented and connected to SMART Recovery® , Non-12 Step rehab (Non AA treatment) programs, 12 Step, and AToN Center philosophies of recovery, giving individuals knowledge and understanding of theory which is important to consolidation and integration of concepts.
- Our addiction rehab therapists are doctoral or mastered level and license, or advanced certificated CD Counselors.
- We are able to provide on-site detoxification services.
- We use the correct professional addiction specialists for corresponding tasks, a family psychologist for family work, a health psychologist for biofeedback, a trauma psychologist for EMDR, and chemical dependency counselors for relapse prevention.
- We attend offsite exposure sessions and meetings in order to allow clients the opportunity to work through issues including motivation, how to cope with triggers, cravings, social anxiety, and discomfort in a naturalistic setting. It is also important that our clients have experiences that introduce “fun” and safe connection with the outside world while in recovery.
- We are not invested in getting people to use certain terminology and believe that how one understands and labels themselves or their problem is their choice, be it an “alcoholic” or someone with an “unwanted behavior.” This is evident through our SMART Recovery® rehab programs and Non-12 Step rehab programs among others.
- We actually provide private family therapy in 90 minute sessions, and do not just put our families through Al-Anon or a “family program” that is solely educational or community support intended for a mass audience.